During a particularly difficult time in my life,I wrote a little book,specifically for my grandchildren. As one who loves animals,I have always found the pets in our family a stress release.In fact,the lives of my family members have been enriched by close observation of animals and their response to love and disciplined training. I'm not saying we should worship our pets, although I admit I've come close.It is true,however,that the human race may not be so smart after all. Maybe it's time to humble ourselves enough to learn from the four legged members of our family that we love and take for granted. Most animals are loving,reliable,true in their affection,grateful for the blessings of food,shelter and companionship.Most are predictable in their actions.We count on them to be with us no matter what happens. ..a mark of true friendship.
It's easy to understand our pets without the benefit of language. They rise or fall with us,no matter if we rise to the pinnacle of our careers or fall into the depths of despair.They are with us until the day they die unless we die first.,always present ,always loyal and accepting of their value in creation.
Why is it so hard for us to live up to these standards ? I don't know why...I just know it is.Maybe our furry friends have learned something that we have forgotten.Or maybe they knew it all along. Dog only knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment